This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Welcome to the North Down parents forum.

Welcome to Bangor Mums!  We are a forum created by parents, for parents.  Our aim is to provide our members with friendship and support.  

We all need activities to keep our little ones busy, this is why we regularly arrange child friendly meet ups and encourage all members to get involved and be a part of our community, online and offline.  Feel free to ask us any questions and please make yourself at home!

Our members are friendly and non-judgemental making it a safe place to air thoughts and concerns.  Give it a try 👭

Click here to register today - it's free!

Fed up

Rate this question:

Question

I struggle to keep on top of everything and its getting to my partner and we have started to argue a lot.  He comes home from work and stresses about the dust and washing. It's getting to me and I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. When I do tidy something 1 of the boys come along and ruins it. I don't feel like I'm coping very well how do other mums do it??????

3 answers to this question

I honestly think we all feel like this. Housework has to take a backseat when you spend your day running around after  your children. This causes frustration for both you and your partner and it's easy to fall into the habit of arguing and bickering.  Have you tried talking to your partner and explaining how little spare time you have in the day? How old are your little ones? Xxx

2 people like this

As Nic says most of us feel like this at some point or another, have you got a routine at all?  I think that can help. Talk to your partner and explain that it's hard juggling everything.  Maybe he could take the kids to the park, or if they are little out for a walk in the buggy so that you have an hour or so to get some housework done at the weekend?  

Also, I know it's hard to get some time to yourself but even a bath and an early night might do you the world of good.  I think when we feel tired everything seems even worse.

2 people like this

Hi Miss R

Firstly I want to say that a lot of us at some point have felt the way you are feeling now so you aren't alone. I agree with Nic and Joy, when you have kids especially little ones house work really does need to take a back seat. I have regularly closed the front door on a messy house because the kids take priority.  You also need to tell your partner how you feel. My biggest problem has been asking for help when I need it, don't let yourself get burnt out.  Do you have any family support here?  A few mums on this forum have 2 little ones and know where you are coming from with tiredness everything can feel 100 times harder.

By the end of the day my lounge room looks like its been vomited on by toys R us and I give it a tidy once the kids are in bed (with two little ones it does sometimes feel like a lost cause!).  Joy and Nic use slow cookers a lot for their meals.  As Nic mentioned, knowing the age of your children could help a little more in the advice given xx

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead