This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Welcome to the North Down parents forum.

Welcome to Bangor Mums!  We are a forum created by parents, for parents.  Our aim is to provide our members with friendship and support.  

We all need activities to keep our little ones busy, this is why we regularly arrange child friendly meet ups and encourage all members to get involved and be a part of our community, online and offline.  Feel free to ask us any questions and please make yourself at home!

Our members are friendly and non-judgemental making it a safe place to air thoughts and concerns.  Give it a try 👭

Click here to register today - it's free!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joy

Oven talk.

11 posts in this topic

Anyone tried to give the oven a good clean yourself?  Or did you hire someone to do it?  We have an oven cleaning cycle but I'm not overly impressed with it.  I give it the occasional scrub too. When I turn the oven on I sometimes get a whiff of food burning so would like to try something else.

My mum always has a baking tray sitting on the Base of the oven with tin foil on it, to catch any bits of food etc.  I might start doing that.

I got the bright orange box (is it oven pride or something?). Comes with big bags for your trays, gloves, and the toxic smelling liquid to clean with. You would have to get Andy to do it tho!!! Can't do it in your condition (good excuse lol) xxx

1 person likes this

We got someone to clean ours when moved in,they don't use chemicals,took him hours because it was disgusting.Definitely worth it.

1 person likes this

And I get a cleaner - Davy the oven man £50 for double oven and it takes him about 3 hours. Well worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this

12 hours ago, rsaligari said:

Your condition Joy?? [emoji848][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol hey @rsaligari I've not seen you for ages! Yes I'm pregnant and due 9th October! :dancing: Get a gender scan next week, eek!  Hows you and the boys?

Back to oven chatter, has anyone tried the baking soda and vinegar method? I have both so might try it lol..

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-clean-an-oven-cleaning-lessons-from-the-kitchn-201191

Had to bump this thread, mainly to say that I tried the dishwasher tablet trick on my oven door - all I can say is wow! It works! Wish I'd taken before and after photos lol.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You dampen a dishwasher tablet (a few droplets of water will do) and scrub it onto the glass, it literally lifts up the grime! Read about it on a blog, I'm very impressed at how easy it was. I'd been trying to lift marks off the oven glass for months lol.

1 person likes this

Did you try it nic?

Not yet. I hate cleaning the oven. I will get round to it one day tho lol xxx

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0